Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The Reason for this blog

Do I need a reason? I suppose I do, that's the kind of person I am. Therefore here are reasons.

I'm a writer in training. I've so far written half a dozen short stories and around 5 draft chapters for several different novels. I'm currently on the 'Only a Novel' two year writing effort over at fmwriters.com and I hope to get something finished that I'll feel good about.
I have read vast quantities of advice to would-be novelists that boils down to read, read, read and write, write, write, no matter how crap the product.
So rather than write and toss it all in the waste basket I decided to blog. (Is there a difference?)

In the unlikely event of anyone stumbling across StreetSweeper I should say that I am an OLD novice. Most writers starting out seem young and fresh and convinced that the world is waiting for their words . I am just hopeful.
If there are any other ancient scribes out there, Hail !

No comments:

Post a Comment