Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Preperations for NNWM are lurching along quite nicely. I realised yesterday that i haven't yet given names to a lot of my characters, ooops. In justification I find choosing a character's name quite tricky. I like to give them names that feel suitable to their personalities which don't really ripen until I've dropped them into situations and watched how they cope. That's not realistic I know, but I'm not dealing in realism. Anywayz, I'm starting character sketches now that I have the overall story in place. After that I'll do chapter outlines. In previous NNWMs I've only outlined a chapter about 5 minutes before I started writing it and that's led to rather uneven chunks. I'm hoping that outlining chapters will give the overall structure a tighter feel and stop me writing myself into corners too. Only a month to go so I'd better get on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment