Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Once more into the fray



Still haven't done the 2nd draft of last year's NaNoWriMo novel, but I have written incidents that are hopefully adding to the story. I've also done shed-loads more research, too much actually because most of it gets mislaid in my mind. I lack self-discipline, obviously, and probably talent too but need something to keep the shadows away.

Last year I vowed to start on the 2nd draft in January, but didn't touch it till April and have only occasionally prodded myself into little chunks of writing. I guess I've done maybe 6-8,000 extra words which need to be slotted into the main flow.

I'm not abandoning my 3 Sisters. I do love my stories. I've even written a few bits on my Thera opus recently.


Sooooooo.In an attempt to revive my flagging creativity I'm tackling NaNo again this year. I enjoy the daily slog. I hope I can keep it up past the 30th of November. This year's piece is a romance set in North Africa in the 17th Century. There will be blood and guts and hopefully intrigue as well because I certainly can't write 50,000 words of mushy stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment