Friday, December 27, 2013

All done and dusted

Christmas is over, sighs of relief. I've never been a fan of these festivities; bad shit has often dumped on me around Christmas time and that can resonate every year if I let it but I try hard not to.

The religious aspect of Christmas is an optional add-on for most people, now that I'm a sort of post-Christian it doesn't concern me as much as it used to, but the alcohol fuelled gorging is hardly a pagan Midwinter celebration either and watching drunks when you're stone-cold sober has little entertainment value.


Now I just have to nurse the dog through New Year's Eve and we can get back to reality. I quite like reality.

I'm feeling a tad cheerful about 2014, only a tad mind. I don't want to wax enthusiastic in case some malevolent spirit seizes on that thought so here's a cautiously optimistic hope for a good 2014 for all my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment