Sunday, December 08, 2013

Reading my way out of 2013

Settling into December and trying to catch up on my reading.

I have a pile of books that I'm part-way through:

'Daughter of Fortune' Isabel Allende (I have 2 more of her books as yet untouched),
'The Curse of Chalion' Lois McMaster Bujold (never read any of her stuff before but was drawn by this one because she's set it in an alternate/sort of Andalusia),
'Captain Blood' Rafael Sabatini (known about this book since I was a kid but only now getting through it, reading because Blood's a swash-buckling hero).

Untouched books that I want to read a.s.a.p.include;
Dorothy Dunnett 'Pawn in Frankincense' because it centres on Constantinople
and especially Ford Madox Ford's 'Parade's End' which I've been longing to get into since I saw it serialised on tv with Benedict Cumberbatch's amazing Tietjens.

plus a mess of non-fiction that's too long to list.

My eyes are going to drop out of my head soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment