Sunday, March 09, 2014

Something intriguing from Dartmoor


Something intriguing from Dartmoor.

The publication of this has only just happened although the excavation was about 3 years ago.I don't know much about it, but will look for more because this is such an impressive piece of preservation and careful restoration.
Back in the days when I studied archaeology all I saw from Dartmoor were fragments of unexciting pottery and a few nice palstaves (socketed axe heads, very trendy c 15000 years back). Makes me wish I could have my time again.

I should really be doing more excavation in the garden, but I put in an hour this morning and can't manage any more despite the glorious sunshine out there. Typical British weather; months of grey skies, cold winds and sodden ground then Pow! instant Spring. I have so much to do and it all needs to be done immediately. AAaaaaarrgh

No comments:

Post a Comment